[rabbitmq-discuss] [announcement] amqp gem 0.9.0 is released
michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 15:50:31 GMT 2012
amqp gem 0.9.0 is released to rubygems.org . There were no changes between 0.9.0.pre3 and 0.9.0 final.
This release is completely backwards compatible with 0.8.x releases, all users are encouraged to upgrade.
== Bug fixes
* :default_routing_key value is now respected by AMQP::Exchange#initialize and AMQP::Exchange#publish. This is a rarely used feature but we saw one project relying on it, so it is now supported again.
== New features
* Automatic recovery mode  now works for publishers, see  and  for examples.
== CI status
Passing against every Ruby under the sun:
== Next version
Next version will be 1.0. Here's what we have in mind for it:
* Separate publisher entities that will automatically use publisher confirms.
* Exchange to exchange binding support (the only RabbitMQ-specific extension amqp gem still does not support)
* Finish and document Ruby on Rails integration.
* Documentation guide updates (see http://rubyamqp.info)
* Features and public API methods deprecated in 0.8.0 will be *removed completely*.
* Automated interoperability test suite (at least with Java and JVM-based clients like Hot Bunnies  and Langohr )
Have a good day.
More information about the rabbitmq-discuss