[rabbitmq-discuss] Newcomer to Rabbit seeks exchange-type advice

Alvaro Videla videlalvaro at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 09:28:24 GMT 2012

Hi Mark,

Yes a topic exchange can be ideal when you need to "listen" based on
several patterns. Also this exchange leaves the possibility open for new
table names,
You just have to think about the binding pattern that you want to use.

Also keep in mind that if you want message X to arrive at consumer A and B
then you need one separate queue per consumer bound to that exchange using
a binding key that matches the routing key used when publishing message X.
What this means is that messages are "fanout'ed" at the exchange, but once
they arrive at a queue then messages are pulled out individually and once
gone from the queue is not seen again.

Cheers,

Alvaro