No subject

Thu Feb 16 03:44:05 GMT 2012

escaping algorithm for both names and values.

 > If the broker (or anyone else) stipulates they need a header value, they
 > define how it is encoded.

Then how do you write client code that works with multiple broker flavors?
You have to understand these peculiarities and bloat your code with "if"s.

Specifications make life easier by defining a common ground where all
parties can interact painlessly.

 > I repeat: there is no conceivable advantage in this rule, and it makes
 > life harder for brokers and clients.

Feel free to air your concerns on the stomp-spec mailing list. I think
we all agree that there is room for improvement and that STOMP 1.1 is
not the last version of the STOMP spec.

Cheers,

Lionel