[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmqctl stall/hang when leaving a cluster

Matt Pietrek mpietrek at skytap.com
Fri Feb 24 21:43:14 GMT 2012

| So how long are you waiting when determining it's hanging? Less than 30
seconds?

Just to be double sure, I let it sit for an hour yesterday. I would have
expected a timeout, but it never came.

It's a pretty easy scenario to script and try out. I'd send you my code,
but it relies on other internal commands.

There may also be a timing issue. If I put a 10 second delay after
restarting one broker, and before stopping the next, it seems to help.

That is:

for x in broker_list:
    stop x
    start x