[rabbitmq-discuss] STOMP Plugin: Alternative exchange other than amq.topic?

Steve Powell steve at rabbitmq.com
Tue Feb 21 18:25:07 GMT 2012

Hi Ken,

It is possible for you to SEND to the exchange of your choice from a STOMP
application, using a destination of the form: /exchange/<name>/<pattern> (see
http://www.rabbitmq.com/stomp.html#d.ed) and there is no reason why this
shouldn't be a topic exchange of your own making.

If you need to SUBSCRIBE to AMQP destinations you can use the destination
/amq/queue/<name> (but the queue must exist).

Between them, these should allow you to use STOMP with federated exchanges
without plugin modifications.

Let us know how you get on.

Steve Powell  (a federated bunny)
----------some more definitions from the SPD----------
vermin (v.) Treating the dachshund for roundworm.
chinchilla (n.) Cooling device for the lower jaw.
socialcast (n.) Someone to whom everyone is speaking but nobody likes.