[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmqadmin and ability to read configuration files

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Feb 20 11:53:56 GMT 2012

On 16/02/12 10:56, Massimo Paladin wrote:
> We made other changes that would be good if they could be merged:
> - if configuration file is specified and node is not specified it could
>    allow strange behaviors, we thought it would be nice if it would look
>    for a "default" node in the configuration file.
>    Please note that this is done only if the configuration file is given,
>    else it would always look for the default config file and node "default"
>    if default config files would be present.
> - the default vhost "/" (line 517 of your version) was not configurable.
>    vhost is treated differently for list and declare, the current situation
>    does not allow to define a vhost in the configuration file.
>    Adding a default_vhost to the configuration file allow the possibility
>    to configure every parameter from the configuration file independently
>    from the sub command executed. (which is not the case in the current
> version)
> - die was printing messages without going to new line

Cheers: I've merged the default node and the die newline change.

I don't understand the point of default_vhost. Without this change, I
can specify a vhost in the config file and it becomes the default for
both list and declare. With the change, I see the same thing (as long as
vhost is defined in the config, default_vhost does nothing).

Can you explain more clearly what this is meant to do?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware