[rabbitmq-discuss] Some questions

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Feb 20 10:46:47 GMT 2012

Hi Saima,

On 19/02/12 14:03, Saima Asif wrote:
> 1. How a producer in AMQP knows that this exchange would be used for its
> sent message.

A publisher selects a target exchange when publishing by supplying the
"exchange" parameter in the basic.publish method.

The only exhanges that are always guaranteed to exist are the defaults.
If the publisher requires any other exchanges then those need to be
declared before publishing starts.

> 2. Can anyone help me for wildcard programming in C++ as I want to
> understand the working of direct exchange by implementing it in C++.

The 5th tutorial has an explaination of wildcards and topic exchanges:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/tutorials/tutorial-five-python.html

-Emile