[rabbitmq-discuss] Patch: SSL client certificate authentication for the RabbitMQ STOMP plugin

Lionel Cons lionel.cons at cern.ch
Mon Feb 20 07:47:44 GMT 2012

Shane Hathaway <shane.hathaway at gmail.com> writes:
> I decided that using SSL client certificates is important for the kind of
> deployment I'm working on, so I created a patch (attached to this email)

Shane,

It's good to see others interested in good X.509 authentication in RabbitMQ.

IMHO, improvements in this area should follow what has already been discussed:
http://groups.google.com/group/rabbitmq-discuss/browse_thread/thread/3c490aa6ab2b6c11/fdf693d284916526
in particular: flexibility (CNs are not suitable in some envirnonments, DNs
look more versatile) and uniformity (same Erlang code for AMQP, STOMP &
management interfaces).

Cheers,

Lionel