[rabbitmq-discuss] Federation and Stomp

patrickf p.fitzsimons at g.teamaol.com
Wed Feb 15 15:29:27 GMT 2012

I am testing RabbitMQ for suitability in a pub/sub application over multi
data centre network.

Existing clients are using stomp so we need to stay on stomp if at all
possible.  I am trying to set up federation with stomp.  Federation seems
to work fine, in that the log tells me it has federated links to the 2
upstream exchanges that are set up in the .config file.  And using amqp I
can send to the upstream exchange and have a consumer pick it up off the
downstream exchange.

When using stomp with a perl client set, I connect to the upstream exchange
with destination /exchange/<exchange name> and get an auto-delete queue.  I
can configure a consumer client with the same destination and it pulls off
the messages fine.   The problem is that the consumer must be connected or
any messages sent by the producer are lost.

Is there a way to have a non-auto delete queue on the upstream exchange
that I can connect to via stomp?

Thanks
Patrick