[rabbitmq-discuss] alternate exchange

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Feb 16 12:48:15 GMT 2012

Hi Steve,

On 16/02/12 12:13, Steven Taylor wrote:
> so the routing key of "" in the example is a catch-all?

Sorry I misunderstood your question. The empty routing key has no
special significance in the context of alternative exchanges. Fanout
exchanges ignore the routing key so the it doesn't matter what value you
supply.

Messages that are sent to the "my-ae" exchange by whatever means
(directly from a publisher or in its capacity as alternative exchange of
"my-direct") will be routed to the "unrouted" queue, regardless of the
message routing keys.

-Emile