[rabbitmq-discuss] Shuting down and reopening the consumer's side

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Feb 16 11:49:48 GMT 2012

Hi,

On 15/02/12 14:35, Bamboula wrote:
> My purpous is to show that if I close my connection to the queue (on the
> consumer's side)and aterwars, I open a new consumer, I will receive all the
> messages that were sent to the queue during the time there was no consumer.

If you have a fixed set of consumers then the publisher can set up
queues and bindings for all of them before starting to publish. The
publisher and consumers will need to establish a convention for queue
naming beforehand. Each consumer can then subscribe to its own queue and
read the messages that were published during its absence.

Also take a look at this exchange plugin:
https://github.com/squaremo/rabbitmq-lvc-plugin

-Emile