[rabbitmq-discuss] SSL between cluster hosts supported ?

Marek Majkowski majek04 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 09:51:44 GMT 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 20:51, Charles <cshtreck at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've got rabbitmq 2.7.1 w/ Erlang R15B and I'd like to know if encrypted/ssl  sessions between rabbit hosts in a cluster is supported.
> I'd appreciate a link to any docs on how to configure that.
> SSL from client to server is working btw.

RabbitMQ clustering uses built-in Erlang clustering mechanisms.

As far as I know, erlang clustering doesn't allow have any
encryption support. Google says:

    http://www.trapexit.org/Distributed_erlang_using_ssl_through_firewalls

and

  http://stackoverflow.com/a/891058/496285

So basically, you can hack erlang or do it on the IP layer. Both options
are nontrivial.

Marek