[rabbitmq-discuss] Help on RPC and Asynchronous Communication

Ask Solem ask at rabbitmq.com
Tue Feb 14 11:12:12 GMT 2012

On 14 Feb 2012, at 11:03, mohammed zubeir wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am developing a python web crawler using RabbitMQ. The server sends list of urls to be crawled to client and he will send the results after crawling. My problem is that when client is processing the request and it dies suddenly all the information abt the request is lost. i.e. rabbitmq removes the message from queue when client takes a request. I want it to be relaible. Even if the client dies message should be available in message queue which can be allocated to some other client.
>

> I am doing crawling using RPC. I am using pika.blockingConnection. I want to do the communication asynchronously instead of blocking connection. It would be better if you provide an example of Asynchronous communication using RPC on rabbitmq website.

Writing an asynchronous application means that you should choose an async framework first.
There are many of these to choose from: eventlet, gevent, twisted, tornado and others.
We don't want the tutorials to bless any of them, and writing manual async code is very cumbersome.

There are many examples in the Pika source code repository:
https://github.com/pika/pika/tree/master/examples