[rabbitmq-discuss] HA Documentation Error?

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Feb 13 10:15:16 GMT 2012

Hi Uday,

On 10/02/12 19:50, Uday Subbarayan wrote:
> Note: There is a risk in the above strategy if the master node goes
> down. If you want to avoid, then publish to all slaves? Here on wards, i

If the master becomes unavailable then a slave is promoted to take its
place. Message replication between slaves and the master happens
internally and automatically. As long as the queue is declared as
mirrored, the publisher is not required to take any action to republish
messages to slaves.

> am not clear. I also read about putting HA Proxy in front of the Rabbit
> MQ cluster and don't know whether it can lead to better or worse in this
> complex mix :-)

Active-active mirrored queues are recommended instead of the
active-passive approach, because it does not require additional software
and the failover process is quicker.

-Emile