[rabbitmq-discuss] Mnesia connection error in a clustered node on a multi NIC PC

davidib davidib2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 10 14:54:59 GMT 2012

Hi Emile,

Yes, I'll let you know if tweaking the firewall works okay.

1.) I'm a bit concerned regarding the solution, again I can't find any
documenation regarding port 1052.  I very very much appreciate your
help, a bit concerned regarding the amount of time it's taking to
'research/discover' the nuances/gotchas.  I realize that this comes
with the territory, however we do have a project that has has to be
completed by Aug 2012 that is currently based on RabbitMQ.  My
allocated time to get RabbitMQ up and running in a reasonably robust
way is 4-6 weeks.  As a rabbitmq newbie, do you think this timeframe
is doable?

2.)Just to make sure, regarding the firewall issue, all the hosts I
plan to run rabbitmq on are all on the same physical switch, all share
the same 10.8.xxx subnet, etc.  The firewall (windows firewall) is up
as a matter of standard configuration/practice.  I don't know anyone
who isn't running a firewall on a production server.  If clustering
really doesn't work well over the firewall, doesn't that imply it's
usage is limited to a very tiny population of production
infrastructures?

3.)I'm following up on using a shovel approach vs a cluster, so
possibly the cluster issues I've been having are moot for me.  But in
the spirit of community I'll followup with your request and let you
know.

Again Emile I really appreciate your help/feedback.  Thanks again

David