[rabbitmq-discuss] Pika cannot handle tcpkill command. 'NoneType' is not catched in Pika library - particularly in File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pika-0.9.5-py2.7.egg/pika/adapters/base_connection.py", in function "def _handle_error(self, error):"

Loc Ngo lockonoko at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 19:12:29 GMT 2012

I used tcpkill -i eth0 port **** to release the socket on client machine.
The TCP connection from client to Rabbitmq server is killed. But inside
calling function connection.ioloop.start() happens error. The lowest error
tracking level is in def _handle_error(self, error) function of file
"base_connection.py" in pika library. It cannot handle NULL value of
variable error. So the program crashed unexpectedly.

I try to intervene the Pika library code by add some exceptions. Now it can
handle the NULL exception and my program can create new socket to connect
to RabbitMq server.

Because that solution requires changing library source code, I just want to
know another solution without changing library source code to ensure the
encapsulation.
Any suggestion about writing the rabbitmq connection on client to handle
the tcpkill command.

I really appreciate your answers.