[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmqctl -n ..... status fails one way but not the other

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Feb 9 14:25:38 GMT 2012

David,

On 09/02/12 14:07, davidib wrote:
> BTW I can't find any documentation regarding Rabbitmq/erlang using
> port 1052.  Did I miss something/is this documented anywhere?

Firewall setup to allow clustering is documented here:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/clustering.html#firewall

The cases where it makes sense to run a cluster over a firewall is
limited and you should carefully consider whether yours qualifies. It is
more common to use Federation and the Shovel plugins over firewalled
links. See http://www.rabbitmq.com/distributed.html

-Emile