[rabbitmq-discuss] Message wait time in a queue

rasadoll rasadoll at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 16:11:33 GMT 2012

Hi,

How can we measure how long a message has been in a queue before it is
delivered to a consumer? If the message was in a queue for more than a
certain amount of time we would like to ignore it for example. Our
message publisher and consumers are on different machines and we
cannot synchronize their clocks, so the publish time cannot be set by
the publisher and checked by the consumer. Is there any way to get
this information from RabbitMQ?

Thanks,