[rabbitmq-discuss] Strange message loss behavior with mirrored queues

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Feb 7 14:25:43 GMT 2012

Hi Matt,

On 06/02/12 17:43, Matt Pietrek wrote:
> Thanks much for the reply. I certainly understand that in a mirrored
> setup, message publishing will be slower. However, I still think there
> some sort of issue here.

Yes, there is. Thanks for following up. I've now been able to reproduce
the problem without HA. The most likely cause is a connection or channel
shutdown sequence problem. I've reported this to the Pika author and
await his feedback.

In the meantime you can work around the issue by performing a dummy
synchronous operation (such as queue declare) before closing the channel.

-Emile