[rabbitmq-discuss] Strange message loss behavior with mirrored queues

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Feb 6 10:43:19 GMT 2012

Hi Matt,

On 03/02/12 18:57, Matt Pietrek wrote:
> I'm writing some basic throughput tests to verify that RabbitMQ will
> scale to our needs in HA environments. In one scenario I'm finding
> substantial message loss.

I wouldn't describe what you're seeing as message loss, rather a
demonstration that publishing in a HA environment with more nodes is
slower. Publishing is slower because it takes longer to send the
messages to a greater number of nodes in the cluster.

You should make use of publisher confirms
(http://www.rabbitmq.com/extensions.html#publishing)
to make sure that published messages have been safely received by the
broker.

-Emile