[rabbitmq-discuss] Ubuntu 11.10 does not shutdown

Andrew Del Preore adelpreore at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 23:29:34 GMT 2012

The version Rabbit MQ Available through Ubuntu (Synaptic) is 2.5.0-1 for
11.10.

After investigating my shutdown issues (and trying various acpi options) I
stumbled across this thread.
After uninstalling RabbitMQ and force-booting again -> I can restart or
shutdown as normal. (I've had this for a little awhile)

I don't know if this helps - but x64 Ubuntu 11.10 Desktop (kernel 3.0.0.16)
(ASUS laptop G73J)

My WAG (Wild A.. Guess) on this would be shutdown signal misinterpreted as
process-kill which causes a rabbit restart? (hang for us).

Not currently using rabbitmq in this environment so I'm it leaving
uninstalled for now (also assuming what Sampo is saying about 2.6.1/2.7.0
is true).

I'll be watching this thread for any updates...