[rabbitmq-discuss] Change the password for guest account or remove guest account from RabbitMQ

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Fri Feb 3 10:52:48 GMT 2012

Hi Roshan,

On 03/02/12 03:08, Roshan Pradeep wrote:
> What are the impacts for changing the password for "guest" user account
> or remove the "guest" account entirely. I can create my own account and
> assign it to vhost currently I am using.

You are free to use any name and password, and we recommend that you use
a stronger password in an environment where you don't control network
access to the broker.

Also look at http://www.rabbitmq.com/authentication.html for alternative
authentication mechanisms.

> Is the guest/guest is use inside RabbitMQ code for any purpose?

No, you are not required to have a user configured with username "guest"
and password "guest".

-Emile