[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ memory usage in two node cluster

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Fri Feb 3 10:42:35 GMT 2012

Hi Roshan,

On 03/02/12 00:24, Roshan Pradeep wrote:
> I have 2 node RabbitMQ cluster and one node consume double amount of
> memory than the other. Please check the attached image for more information.
>
> Could you please help me to identify this. Any help is appreciated.

The difference between 1% and 2% of allowed memory is not a problem and
could easily happen if one broker has marginally more work to do than
the other.

If the difference was much greater then I would be a bit more concerned
and investigate ways of spreading the load more evenly such as making
sure all the queues aren't all declared on one node.

-Emile