[rabbitmq-discuss] Problems declaring x-random exchanges

Elias Levy fearsome.lucidity at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 21:14:07 GMT 2012

Anyone successfully using the x-random exchange in 2.7.1?  Upgraded and
installed the random exchange from Github, but when I try to declare such
an exchange via the management UI I get:

** Generic server <0.16679.0> terminating
** Last message in was {'$gen_cast',
                           {method,
                               {'exchange.declare',0,<<"test">>,

 <<"x-random">>,false,true,false,true,false,
                                   []},
                               none}}
** Reason for termination ==
** {{error,{undef,[{rabbit_exchange_type_random,serialise_events,[]},
                   {rabbit_exchange,store,1},
                   {rabbit_exchange,'-declare/6-fun-0-',3},
                   {rabbit_misc,'-execute_mnesia_transaction/2-fun-0-',2},
                   {mnesia_tm,apply_fun,3},
                   {mnesia_tm,execute_transaction,5},
                   {worker_pool_worker,handle_call,3},
                   {gen_server2,handle_msg,2}]}},
    [{rabbit_misc,execute_mnesia_transaction,1},
     {rabbit_misc,execute_mnesia_transaction,2},
     {rabbit_channel,handle_method,3},
     {rabbit_channel,handle_cast,2},
     {gen_server2,handle_msg,2},
     {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}

The startup_log shows the plugin is active:

Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...
12 plugins activated:
* random_exchange-0.1.0
starting exchange type random
...done

I noticed that the current code in Github pulls rabbitmq_commons from
2.7.0, not 2.7.1.  Possible cause?

Node has hipe_compile set to true, FYI.

Elias