[rabbitmq-discuss] Federation and upstream cluster

Vladislav Pernin vladislav.pernin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 12:40:38 GMT 2012

Hi,

So you finally recommend to set a policy ha-mode all on the queue created
in the upstream exchange's broker, like I did ?

The test is very simple. I send 200 000 messages on the upstream exchange
with a connection factory with both nodes and a retry timer (like in the
Spring Rabbit AmqpAppender).
I receive all messages on the downstream queue and verify that each sent
message has been received.
During the test, I shutdown and restart upstream node.

But you are right, I do not use publisher confirm.
I probably hit the "unsynchronized queue" problem.

Otherwise, do you think that my setup is correct to make sure that the
messages will arrive at the downstream exchange, not duplicated and without
loss (publisher confirm excepted) ?

Regards,
Vladislav