[rabbitmq-discuss] Distributing Tasks to Worker Queues Across Federated Exchanges

Chris stuff at moesel.net
Fri Dec 21 15:20:28 GMT 2012

Hmmm... I just realized that the proposed configuration of setting things
up in a ring will have one other adverse affect (besides weakening HA).

If I have the ring setup like this:  A --> B --> C --> A... then if B and C
both have worker queues for the same type of task, B will tend to get too
much preference because it will handle all requests from A and B (since the
requests will never go to the AE to route to C)-- whereas the ideal setup
would equally distribute requests from A to B and to C.  Hmmm...

Is there any ongoing work to make RabbitMQ support a feature more like
ActiveMQ's network of brokers?  In ActiveMQ's network of brokers, I think
it truly operates as one logical bus (still giving preference to local
consumers)-- which seems more like what I want.  (That said, I have heard a
few horror stories about ActiveMQ's network of brokers too.)

Thanks,
Chris