[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ sending frames after delivering connection_close_ok

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Dec 20 14:12:26 GMT 2012

On 20/12/12 14:07, Marek Majkowski wrote:
> I think my quick workaround will be to just ignore everything rabbit
> sends after receiving connection.close.ok.

Matthias has pointed out that the spec also says "After sending this
method, [connection.close] any received methods except Close and
Close­OK MUST be discarded. The response to receiving a Close after
sending Close must be to send Close­Ok."

So really you should start ignore everything a bit earlier: after
sending connection.close.

So strictly we are within the spec (we could just start firing random
frames at you after that point) - but it's not helpful so we'll still
fix it.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen