[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue Rates at Zero in Management Interface

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Dec 14 16:37:27 GMT 2012

I'm not sure what I can suggest then. This all sounds like it should be
working. If you could post the output of "rabbitmqctl report" that might
give me some sort of a clue in case something odd leaps out. But apart
from that I'm rather stuck. Would you be prepared to run some patched
version of the management plugin so I can see what's going on?

Cheers, Simon

On 14/12/12 13:39, David Legg wrote:
> On 14/12/2012 12:39, "Simon MacMullen" <simon at rabbitmq.com> wrote:
>

>> So are your channels / connections short-lived? (i.e. connect, publish
>> or consume a message, disconnect) Or do they tend to stay open for at
>> least a few seconds at a time?
>
> They are open for long periods.
>
>> If the former then you should be aware that the management plugin only
>> shows rates for currently open channels (we intend to fix this in a
>> future release).
>
> This worked for a long time before we rebooted the servers and we always
> had message rates in at least the single digits.
>
>> Is the management agent installed on all nodes?
>
> Yes, nothing has changed:
>
> [E] rabbitmq_management               2.7.1
> [e] rabbitmq_management_agent         2.7.1
> [E] rabbitmq_management_visualiser    2.7.1
>

>> Do exchanges and channels show the message rates you'd expect? (and do
>> you see all the channels you would expect?)
>
> No, nothing within the management interface shows any message rates other
> than 0. The channels that we expect to be open are and they show the same
> message rate of 0/s.
>
> Cheers,
>
> David

Simon MacMullen