[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq-c - message type

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Fri Dec 14 10:04:48 GMT 2012

Hi,

On 14/12/12 05:53, Hugo wrote:
> What kind of message is rabbitmq suitable for? As far as I know,
> rabbitmq is more used in areas of message notification. How about
> pushing video advertisements(in type of binary stream) to terminals
> which have subscribed related topics? The message size is seemingly not
> limited in AMQP.

Depending on the filesizes and the required latency you could send an
entire video as a message. Rabbit does not impose a limit on message
size, but your server must appropriately resourced to send very large
messages. Message with payloads in the hundreds of megabytes and
gigabyte range have successfully been tested.

Another option is to send messages at the natural frame size of your
video container format.

This project might also be of interest:
https://github.com/tonyg/camstream

-Emile