[rabbitmq-discuss] Management/API mochiweb SSL error from BIG-IP loadbalancer

Simon Lundström simlu at su.se
Fri Dec 14 09:13:35 GMT 2012

Morning!

We're trying to loadbalance the RabbitMQ Management and API with our
F5 BIG-IP loadbalancer but can't get it to work.

We have setup a "monitor" which monitors a "pool" of servers. The
monitor claims that the request is "successful" but we get this in the
rabbitmq log AND when I try to surf to the virtual IP that the
loadbalancer uses to loadbalance the management/IP it just times out
after a while (it sends Client hello and then I get: "curl: (35) Unknown
SSL protocol error in connection to").

Error in log:
=ERROR REPORT==== 14-Dec-2012::09:48:57 ===
SSL: abbreviated: ./ssl_connection.erl:1415:Fatal error: unexpected_message

=ERROR REPORT==== 14-Dec-2012::09:48:57 ===
    application: mochiweb
    "Accept failed error"
    "{error,esslerrssl}"

=ERROR REPORT==== 14-Dec-2012::09:48:57 ===
{mochiweb_socket_server,297,{acceptor_error,{error,accept_failed}}}