[rabbitmq-discuss] Question on RabbitMQ's message copying

Ashwin Raghav ashwinraghav at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 06:53:28 GMT 2012

To be more concrete,
will a fanout exchange that has bindings to n queues contain n physical
copies of the message. I understand that there is a need to buffer on the
client and this means that each client has a local copy. But in rabbit's
internal implementation, are there 'n' copies or just 1 physical copy.

Ashwin

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 1:50 AM, Ashwin Raghav <ashwinraghav at gmail.com>wrote:

> I was wondering whether this is a logical copy or an actual full-on copy.
> I ask because I was posed with a question recently on a project that I work
> on. Why are you physically copying the same message to so many queues?
> Would something like a reference count implementation with just a single
> copy of the message not suffice?

Ashwin Raghav Mohan Ganesh