[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ clustering woes

Matt Pietrek mpietrek at skytap.com
Thu Aug 30 22:47:45 BST 2012

FWIW, I run a pretty similar situation (2.8.6 on Ubuntu 10.04), with HA
queues on 3 or 4 node clusters.

I habitually (many, many times / day) take nodes out of the cluster and
have never seen the particular issue you're seeing, i.e slowness when
communicating with the remaining node.

I have other issues with clustering, just not the slowness and crashes. I'm
wondering if you have some sort of weird networking state when this
happens. Just a guess though.