[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue with x-expires not expires after timeout

Dave Curylo curylod at asme.org
Fri Aug 3 18:58:25 BST 2012

Thiago,

Regarding your consumers, when using the .NET client, you should make sure to set the RequestedHeartbeat property on your ConnectionFactory to a non-zero value.  If you don't do this, then should a process die without a chance to clean up the connection, it may never get disconnected and you will have to close the connections manually either through the management web interface or rabbitmqctl.  Rabbit seems to hold on to the connections if you don't do this.

Here is a helpful script if you have a lot of connections and find it tedious to close them using the web UI.

#!/bin/bash
peerToDisconnect=1.2.3.4
for c in `rabbitmqctl list_connections peer_address pid | grep $peerToDisconnect`;
do
if [ $c != $peerToDisconnect ];
then rabbitmqctl close_connection $c "Orphaned - disconnecting";
fi;
done
-Dave