[rabbitmq-discuss] Which RabbitMQ approach/pattern to use?

theBuckWheat tbw at rg6.org
Mon Apr 23 20:47:16 BST 2012

My application sends a work file out to one of several available remote
slaves.    When the slave is done with the work, it posts a callback notice
and stands by for the master to fetch the results file.   When that file has
been downloaded, after a little housekeeping, the slave can be put on the
list of those available to send work.

What is the best que structure to use with RabbitMQ to dispatch work to the
pool of slaves?  I have to manage the list of slaves because some might be
close to their bandwidth limits, so it does not appear I can use the
load-balance pattern.