[rabbitmq-discuss] RFC - new exchange type idea

Alvaro Videla videlalvaro at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 14:32:34 BST 2012

I think knowing that every queue is bound to the anon exchange using the
queue name as binding key is not what every user of RabbitMQ knows. It's
more something you learn after you been using RabbitMQ for a while.

In the case of the exchange I propose the only thing you need to know is
that there exists this other "type of exchange" that lets you do things
"this and that" way. So you declare that exchange and publish to it.

Actually some weeks ago there was a guy on twitter ranting that RabbitMQ is
not reliable: https://twitter.com/#!/davekincaid/status/184725072848764928 so
whether he's right or not (I replied to him, Alexis did as well) his rant
got me thinking on how to provide something easier for those kinds of users.

-A