[rabbitmq-discuss] Is there a channel publish throughput limit to a queue?

Allen Kim allen.kim at epicadvertising.com
Thu Sep 29 21:47:11 BST 2011

I have published 2000 messages per second for 30 minutes to rabbitmq.

All message have been published successfully.

After 30 minutes of my test,  I look at the Web UI and found out that a lot of messages are still being consumed.

I increased the number of consumers, but it did not help.

I checked the channel, and found out that the channel was still publishing to a queue.

The speed of publishing was around 700/s to 800/s, which is definitely not 2000/s.

I was wondering if there is limit that affects publishing speed.

Is there any? Or any other way to make this faster.

Allen