[rabbitmq-discuss] Anything special on dev.rabbitmq.com wrt. x-expire?

Bernhard Weisshuhn bkw at codingforce.com
Tue Sep 27 01:29:12 BST 2011

Hi *,

while adding support for queue arguments to a node.js amqp library, we
noticed a puzzling behaviour on dev.rabbitmq.com: Redeclaring an existing
queue with differing x-expire values is accepted, even over the same
connection. Discusson here: https://github.com/postwait/node-amqp/pull/25

Both my 2.6.1 build from the rabbitmq macports repository as well as a
current hg build done by another developer throw a PRECONDITION_FAILED
error in that case. Curiously, using different values for x-ha-policy
(instead of x-expires) works as expected: it raises the error on
dev.rabbitmq.com as well.

There seems to be something different on that host wrt. x-expire.
We'd rather use x-expire for the test since x-ha-policy only exists from
2.6.x. onward.

Can anybody shed any light on this?

thanks in advance,
  bkw