[rabbitmq-discuss] acks from temporary queues

gneeri gneeri at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 00:44:14 BST 2011

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for clarifying that. From the explication of the rules for
confirms, it had appeared to me that the relationships to queues and
consumers had more weight in the confirmation process. That not being
the case, I have 2 brief follow up questions:

1. Do consumer acks have more significance in transactions, such that
I could use those to effect the functionality I'm looking for?

2. If not, is there any way (apart from the admin HTTP API) for
determining the number of consumers (e.g., bound queues) for a given
exchange? This way I could test the number of reply messages as you
suggest; otherwise, with needing to register and account for a dynamic
array of servers, I would lose a good deal of what I had hoped would
be the benefit of a fanout broadcast.

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan