[rabbitmq-discuss] acks from temporary queues

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Fri Sep 23 23:55:18 BST 2011

On 23/09/11 21:26, gneeri wrote:
> My expectation, then, is that producer would publish its message and
> then be blocked until the delayed consumer returns an ack

Confirms mean one thing and one thing only: that the broker has accepted
responsibility for the message.

They concern the interaction between producers and the broker, and  have
nothing to do with consumer acks.

Yes, there are some conditions in which a consumer ack can trigger a
confirm in RabbitMQ, but that is an implementation detail and not
something you'd want to design an application around.

> My hope is that I will not have to aggregate a list of servers and
> pass along a single message to each server, but perhaps that is what
> will be required.

You can still send a single message via a fanout exchange. But the
consumers then in turn need to send a message back to the sender. Your
sender will need to know how many consumers there are so it knows when
it has gotten all responses..

Regards,

Matthias.