[rabbitmq-discuss] are these features planned/do they already exist?

Praveen M lefthandmagic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 01:59:48 BST 2011

Hi,

I am just curious if a couple of features that i'm looking for exist in the
rabbitmq impl. I did some googling around these questions and wasn't able to
find anything that answered my question directly. My apology if these are
duplicates.

1) Ability to consume messages in bulk. I see that basic consume does a call
back for each message..Is there an api to do the callback with a user
defined bulk of messages?

2) Is there a way to publish a message with a delay? I mean, is there a way
to publish a message with a delay and have the message consumed only after
the delay expires? ~ I know i can do this by creating a queue on my own and
have a job move messages when the delay expires...wondering if something
like this is already there in rabbit/planned.

3) Are dead-letter queues there yet? and messages with TTL?

Thanks,
--
-Praveen