[rabbitmq-discuss] some simple questions about rabbitmq server

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Oct 31 11:07:39 GMT 2011

On 31/10/11 09:58, 韩旭 wrote:
> 1.As we know, a cluster may have two types of node:ram and disc. When I
> have only one broker and one node, what is the type of this node? ram or
> disk?

Disc.

> I type cluster_status command at the terminal:
>
> [root at test ~]# rabbitmqctl cluster_status
> Cluster status of node rabbit at test ...
> [{nodes,[{disc,[rabbit at test]}]},{running_nodes,[rabbit at test]}]
> ...done.
>
> it shows that the node is "disc". so, is it means that the only one node
> has the type of 'disc'?Can it be changed to 'ram'?if yes,how?

You can't convert a single node directly to a ram node, since that's
unlikely to be what most people want - shut down the node and you've
lost everything. You could probably do this by creating a cluster with
one disc and one ram node, then removing the disc node.

> 2.If a rabbitmq cluster has a number of nodes, such as test1 at test,
> test2 at test, test3 at test...so how can i visit the cluster by java client api?
> i know the way to connect a broker by method "setHost(String host)".if I
> need to connect to a cluster,i just use this method and set the argument
> to the ip address of one node in the cluster, is it ok? If not ,any
> other solutions?

Yes, you can connect to any node in the cluster.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware