[rabbitmq-discuss] [announcement] amq-client 0.8.5 is released

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 16:34:42 BST 2011

Le 28/ott/2011 à 19:29, Matthias Radestock a écrit :

> Also note that a client is guaranteed not to receive any messages for a consumer after receiving the basic.cancel_ok. I see from the ruby code that the callbacks/consumers are cleared prior to sending the basic.cancel. You may want to delay that until after receiving the cancel_ok. Though you'll have to handle the nowait case somehow too.

Matthias,

This is a good idea but here's the catch: amqp gem has had nowait set to true by default for basic.cancel since very early days and it may be too late to change that.

That said, I am all for improving the situation over time but right now we needed to release something that does not result in exceptions killing the entire connection.

MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin
http://twitter.com/michaelklishin