[rabbitmq-discuss] JSonRpc Client/Server - when exception occurs...

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Oct 25 16:59:28 BST 2011

On 25/10/11 10:58, mysurf mail wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using JSonRpc Client/Server successfully for a year now.
> I have one major problem that I have eventually succeeded reproducing.
>
> I have noticed that when the JsonRPCServer is throwing
> an  uncaught exception
>   ( one that nakes the  RPCServer not return an answer).
> the rabbitmq rpc queue becomes unusable.
> (new client cant connect unless I restart the rabbitmq)

I can't replicate this. I tried putting "throw new
NullPointerException();" in the HelloJsonService impl inside the example
HelloJsonServer and things happen correctly - the server stays up, an
error message is transferred to the client, and the broker stays working.

It's hard to see how a crashing client could wedge the server like that.
Can you show some example code?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen