[rabbitmq-discuss] WebSockets and Rabbit-mq

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 21:50:19 BST 2011

Hi Paul,

You'll need to create (and subscribe to) an anonymous queue to receive
replies. Then take the random name assigned by Rabbit to that queue
and stick it into the "replyto" header field of the messages your app
is publishing. When your backend processes the message it should use
the value of the "replyto" on the received message as the routing key
for the reply (published into the empty '' exchange). Publishing with
an empty exchange name will cause Rabbit to directly route the reply
message to the queue with the same name as the routing key.

-J