[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-discuss Digest, Vol 53, Issue 15

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Oct 18 13:22:41 BST 2011

On 15/10/11 23:16, yoav glazner wrote:
> Can one create a Prioritised "topic exchange"?

I'm not sure what that would even look like. The exchange would have to
contain a priority queue in order to do this, but how can a priority
queue really exist there since exchanges are meant to be (conceptually)
stateless? At what point does the exchange deliver messages?

> msg1 topic= 0.0.0.1 #first
> msg2 topic= 0.0.0.3 #4th

Supposing we experience a pause here - can the exchange forward these
messages on to the queue in that order? If not, how long is it supposed
to wait for msg3?

> msg3 topic= 0.0.0.2 #2nd
> msg4 topic= 0.0.0.4 #3rd

(Or is that not what you're asking?)