[rabbitmq-discuss] Fairness wrt queues under heavy load

Rosa, Andrea andrea.rosa at hp.com
Tue Oct 11 12:15:25 BST 2011

Hi Matthias

> When you experience the delay for a high priority message, check
> whether
> the message is sitting in the queue. If it is then there is a problem
> at
> the consuming side, i.e. rabbit thinks there is no consumer ready to
> accept the message.

This is an interesting point for me. I experienced with delay and messages sitting in the queue
with 0 consumers but from the consumer side there are no errors so maybe rabbit thinks there is no consumer
ready...how is it possible?
Under which circumstances rabbit "can think" in this (wrong) way?

--
Andrea