[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ did not send messages to AMQP consumers

Chris Dollmont chris.dollmont at skunkworks.vn
Tue Oct 4 05:02:08 BST 2011

 We send a message from a web application to the RabbitMQ queue. As far as we can see, the send operation is successful and RabbitMQ has the message in the queue.

We have amqp listeners on another server that act on the messages from the queue. Sometimes, seemingly at random, the messages that we know were sent don't arrive--the listeners never get them.

This happens intermittently. The messages go into the queue and appear to be dispatched, but don't arrive at the consumers. There's a sporadic period in which this happens, then the situation resolves itself.

Status of node rabbit at amqp1 ...
[{pid,22068},
{running_applications,[{rabbit,"RabbitMQ","2.4.1"},
 {os_mon,"CPO CXC 138 46","2.1.6"},
 {sasl,"SASL CXC 138 11","2.1.5.3"},
 {mnesia,"MNESIA CXC 138 12","4.4.3"},
 {stdlib,"ERTS CXC 138 10","1.15.3"},
 {kernel,"ERTS CXC 138 10","2.12.3"}]},
{nodes,[{disc,[rabbit at amqp1]}]},
{running_nodes,[rabbit at amqp1]}]
…done.

Running on Debian (Lenny), installed from the RabbitMQ Debian repo.

Chris

--
Chris Dollmont
Systems Admin | skunkworks.vn