[rabbitmq-discuss] HA queue seems never to get fully created

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Oct 3 13:13:22 BST 2011

On 23/09/11 23:55, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> 2. I used the Perl API to create an HA queue.  This reported success
> via the AMQP, and the management plugin sees the queue and its
> parameters correctly.  When I hover over HA I see "x-ha-policy:
> nodes", and when I hover over Args I see "x-ha-policy-params:
> [rabbit at ps7,rabbit at ps8]".

Well, this is awkward.

Upon a bit of investigation it would seem that "x-ha-policy: nodes"
basically does not work. The queue is crashing on startup, which is why
you're seeing ? ? ? in mgmt, and why consumers are getting NOT_FOUND.

I would suggest that you use "x-ha-policy: all" instead for the time being.

Cheers, Simon

(who is now cursing surprisingly loudly...)

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware