[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Windows 2008r2 Setup

steve flitcroft steve.flitcroft at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 13:23:16 GMT 2011

Hi Rob,

Not really the shared storage but the way the RabbitMq windows
installer appends a guid to the service name means there is a
difference between the nodes in the cluster therefore they do not play
nice with the Cluster and Failover manager and everything has to be
identical. I have got around this by manually creating the service
using the earl service add.
However I have moved on in my thoughts since I believe we need an
Active/Active setup rather than Active/Passive.
I think I am going to go with the use of HaProxy to load balance
requests to a windows rabbitmq cluster.