[rabbitmq-discuss] EventingBasicConsumer is still experimentals? (.NET client)

Simone Busoli simone.busoli at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 20:14:00 GMT 2011

Sorry to hijack the discussion but I always thought that this class was
very unsafe to use, although the implementation is stable.
As you point out the events are fired on the connection thread, which
should not block. Now I am expecting that if there's a place in an
application using RabbitMQ where there is a chance of blocking it is indeed
callbacks on message deliveries, rather than the other events exposed by
IModel or IConnection, therefore I would avoid using EventingBasicConsumer
unless there's a reason to use it.